Ice Cream Tiramisu
original recipe: http://www.womansday.com/recipefinder/ice-cream-tiramisu-121521
- 3 ounce(s) bittersweet chocolate
- 18 soft ladyfinger halves
- 1/4 cup(s) brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup(s) coffee liqueur
- 1 pint(s) coffee ice cream
- 1.5 cup(s) whipped topping
- 1 pint(s) dulce de leche ice cream
- Garnish: Chocolate Curls
- Line an 8-in. square pan with nonstick foil, leaving a 2-in. overhang on two sides.
- Grate 3 oz bittersweet chocolate (1 cup).
- Arrange 18 soft ladyfinger halves on the bottom of pan, slightly overlapping.
- Mix 1/4 cup each brewed coffee and coffee liqueur in small bowl; brush the ladyfingers with half.
- Place 1 pint coffee ice cream in large bowl; stir until smooth but not melted. Spread over ladyfingers, then sprinkle with half the grated chocolate and 1 1/2 cups whipped topping.
- Place in freezer 30 minutes. Repeat layers using 1 pint dulce de leche ice cream. Cover with foil; freeze 3 hours until firm.
- A half-hour before serving, place in refrigerator to soften slightly. Peel off foil; place on serving plate.
- Garnish with chocolate curls and cut in squares or freeze until serving.